Title of the project : Intercultural citizenship in Euro-Med
Country : Turkey – Izmir
Dates : 01 to 07 May 2019
N° Of Participants : 04 Participants
Intercultural citizenship education is a tool for living together and acting within a diverse world and within a region as diverse as the Euro-Mediterranean area. Learning to live and act together is a precious resource for our everyday lives within family, school, and community. It helps to reduce tensions due to ethnic, religious, linguistic and social disparities and enhances the awareness of and respect for human rights and the responsibilities, which are at the basis of local, national and global citizenship.
Therefore, increasing the youth workers, leaders and trainers competence to promote the intercultural citizenship education in Europe and Mediterranean region is highly needed due to recent events in EU such as increased refugee and migrant population in EU, hate speech towards to minorities and migrants; Brexit etc. The project proposal aims to :
– strengthen the competences of youth workers and youth leaders to promote the diversity through out promoting
Intercultural Citizenship Education in Euro-Med Area.
The project objectives specifically are;
– To reach a shared understanding of the meaning of terms such as citizenship, intercultural competences among youth workers.
– To able to identify and develop learning methods that promote diversity which encourage intercultural citizenship
– To be able of exchange information and break stereotypes about people with different cultural background.
– To make the youth workers able to develop new educational programs according to the needs of their target groups in local areas.
– To create new partnerships and develop new educational programs to be implemented in Euro-Med Area in youth.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE :
– SEND YOUR RESUME AND YOUR MOTIVATION LETTER TO : email@example.com
=> ONLY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS WILL BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL